This year the flu is widespread and is taking a toll on your employees. What steps should you take to fight this flu season?
1. Allow employees to work from home
- Managers should consider being flexible with working arrangements for sick employees.
2. Encourage employees to stay at home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms
- This prevents the sick employee from infecting their fellow co-workers and increases productivity in the long run.
- Ensure that your company has a sick leave policy in place. Employees should receive 3 days of paid sick leave after 90 days of employment. This leave is protected and cannot be denied.
3. Train managers to set an example
- If managers take time off when they are sick, their direct reports will be more willing to do so.
- Don’t make employees feel guilty for taking time off work.