Are you looking to hire employees under the age of 18 to join your team in the near future or this summer? If so, it is important for you to ensure that you follow the state and federal laws for the employment of minors.
- Please consider the following if you are interested in hiring a minor:
- Children under 18 are restricted in the total number of hours per day they may work
- Children under 18 may be limited to working during certain hours of the day
- Employers need to acquire work permits year round
- Employers need to notify their workers’ compensation carrier of the employment of a minor
- Minors should be paid minimum wage or above